Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Getting ready for fall!

Last week I posted about the hoop art I was creating for my bedroom wall. Well, one of my embroidery hoops didn't fare to well when I ran over it with the wheels of my chair in my craft room. Oops!! 
I didn't want to just throw it away so I decided to make a fall wreath out of it! I took out all my fall colored scraps of fabric that I have been saving up from various projects and cut 6 inch x 1 inch strips out of it. I just eyeballed this part so some strips were different widths then others.
Then I just started tying the strips of fabric around my embroidery hoops. I pushed my strips together tight to make my wreath more full. After you complete your wreath twist the fabric strips different ways to fluff it up more!

Here is my finished wreath ready for my door for fall!

Here is another example of an embroidery hoop wreath I made back in the winter with scraps of fabric. There are endless ways you can spruce up your door with these hoops!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment