Sunday, June 28, 2015

Pretty Little Princess

In an earlier post I showed you how I loved being able to give repurposed items as gifts, especially to my little cousin on her birthday. Well, last year for her 3rd birthday my husband and I took on our biggest project yet with the intent to give this princess her very own dress-up station.
We actually started with an old entertainment center that had been passed down through the family, and I knew would have somewhat of a sentimental value as well as enjoyment.

We cleaned and sanded the surface so the paint would adhere to the wood.

Then the painting began. Pink and purple...aren't those every little princess' favorite colors.

Next we put in a hanging bar for all the dress-up clothes, then added the back. I decided to paint the back white to brighten it up, and then added the pink and purple flower decals for decoration.
Of course there had to be a full length mirror so the little princess could admire herself from head to toe. This was not an easy find, until I came across an old medicine cabinet at the flea market with the perfect size mirror. We removed the mirror from the cabinet, glued it onto a piece of plywood painted purple, then added it to the door frame.
Now it was time to put it all together.

 
Several accessories were added for those final touches, but the best part was to watch how these two little princesses knew exactly what to do at only 3 years old!
 
 
 
 
I don't think we will be able to out do this birthday redo, but the next birthday is coming up soon....stay tuned to see what is in store for birthday #4!


 
 
Kelli


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment