Saturday, June 6, 2015

Gifting is the best part of a redo!

Crafting, sewing, and repurposing have all been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I love making or redoing things myself as gifts more than any store bought item. So, I decided that each year (with the help of my husband) I would create a special piece for one of my littlest cousins on her birthday.
It all started with a rocking chair…..

My husband and I found this chair at an antique store, and knew it was the one.

I knew this would probably be a bedroom piece, so I wanted to try and match the pink/brown color scheme already in the room. After a little sanding, gluing, new paint, and seat cushions the rocking chair was ready!
Year 1 was a success!

So then comes year 2….and what are we going to make this time? We had discovered over the past year that my little cousin had a motherly instinct and every babyboll and stuffed animal was her “beebee”. So, that made our next choice obvious, every “beebee” needs a bed to sleep in. We found this piece at the same antique store as the rocking chair the previous year, so we went to work.

Of course, every baby bed has to have a new baby doll!

The best part of these gifts is seeing them in use, as she grows, or when she just wants to test them out for herself. (Thank goodness my husband reinforced that bed) LOL!

Kelli















No comments:

Post a Comment