Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A look behind the scenes....

To kick off the 1 month anniversary week of Homespun and Redone, we want to give you a glimpse into the life of the faces behind our blog!

Hey y'all! I'm Laura. And that in the background is my pride and joy, my baby, my Kawasaki Teryx Side by Side. I'm a work-aholic but going 4-wheeling in the beautiful mountains around the south is one of my favorite hobbies!
I even drag race and do sled pulls from time to time!
I live with my husband and two dog babies in beautiful East Tennessee at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. My whole family lives here, it's a wonderful place to grow up! I would never dream of leaving here well.... unless I scored a beach house! Ha!
About a year ago, me and my aunt started taking an upholstery class through our local school system. I fell in love with it! That's one of the ways the blog came into fruition with my friend Kelli. We both wanted a platform to share our passion of repurposing discarded furniture to the public and to give inspiring tutorials! Here is the link to my Mamaw's Rocking Chair Redo! 
Some other random things about me, for one I'm obsessed with owls! I think I really have a problem! Anytime I see owl fabric at the fabric store I usually buy it. I have little owls tucked all over my house on display. This is my owl mug that I scored a few months ago! So cute!!
I have been doing bible journaling for a few months now. I'm a visual and creative person. So I love being able to illustrate what I read in my journaling bible. I pick up tape, stickers, pens, and scrapbooking supplies whenever I find them on sale to add to my collection.
When I'm not working, 4-wheeling, hanging out with family/friends or working on repurposing projects I love to take sight seeing trips around our area. This picture is from Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains.
And last but especially not least, I like to do all these things with my favorite man, my husband, Michael by my side!

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment