Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Desk Redo and visits from Arendelle

Another birthday under my belt...
The little princess turned 4 years old this year, and my husband and I had decided she needed a desk to get her ready for school. We found this old school desk at a local antique shop. It was exactly what I was looking for cause I have been dying to try chalkboard paint.
It had a few cracks and scratches, but we only wanted to fix issues the might hamper the use of the desk. Keeping most of those cracks and scratches is what gives the piece character.


Next I sanded both the chair and the desk and started painting the chair.

It took several coats of paint to cover the chair, but that is my fault as I failed to prime the chair first. The more I refurbish furniture, the more I realize that if I just take a moment to prime a piece with spray primer the actual paint goes on much easier and takes a lot less time to cover.

I did not make that mistake with the desk. I took 5 minutes to spray prime the desk the was able to paint the desk much quicker than the chair with only 2 coats....the chair took 4 coats plus touch ups.
After all the pink paint, I got the top painted with the chalkboard paint and got the desk put all back together. My husband felt all the pink needed something, so we added a few decals along with the name on the back of the chair.

 
Finally finished and off to the "Princess" birthday party. There were little princesses everywhere, and even a visit from Queen Elsa and Princess Anna.

 

 Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment