Monday, August 31, 2015

Another Happy Princess

At the recent "Princess" birthday party, a friend of my cousin's asked if I would be willing to make her little princess a dress up station for her birthday. She needed it by the end of August, so that didn't leave much time. However, nothing makes me happier than seeing those little smiling faces when they are playing with their new present, so I was more than happy to do it for her.


I came across this one time entertainment center at one of my local thrift stores, so I took it home and got started right away.


First came the sanding, and then the priming. I don't care what anyone says. The actual paint goes on much better if you just take the time to lightly sand and prime your piece. I know people hate doing it, I don't think its all that fun, but if you want your piece to look like it should....take the time.

Next came the paint. I had the Mom go online to Lowe's website and pick a color from the Valspar color selector. That way I was sure to get exactly what she wanted for her little princess. Once the paint dried, it was time to decorate.



The little princess likes butterflies, I was told, so we went with that theme. I love the "BeYOU*itful" sign. Every little girl needs to know that being yourself is the most beautiful person in the world. Finally came delivery day, and smiles all around. So happy to see another satisfied princess!




Kelli







No comments:

Post a Comment