Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Getting ready for Fall y'all!


I have become slightly obsessed with making paper wreaths. I've found there are all sorts of paper you can use to make the wreaths, and they take no time. So, while I am currently working on a larger project that requires a lot of paint drying time, I have been busy making a few of the wreaths.

I found there are many uses for scrapbook paper thanks to Pinterest! I have never been a scrapbooker, but there are tons of other uses for all those beautiful papers other than just making a photo album. This wreath seems a little unfinished to me, so I am thinking of added raffia in between the back cones to add a little something-something. It's gonna be a beauty once I get done.
This wreath is my attempt at recreating a sunflower look. I used construction paper for this one. It is huge, but so cute in person. It would make a great piece for Summer or Fall.
My latest creation for fall only took me about an hour with cutting the paper, making the cones, and then glue it all together.  Simply decide on the paper you want to use. My squares were 12x12, so I cut them into 4x4 squares and made my cones. Then I laid them out to determine how I wanted them to look.
This is a great project to do by yourself, with friends, or even with the kids. Once your done you have a great little wreath for your front door, over your mantle, or just anywhere you want to add a little Fall color.
 
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment